- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 kg diced lamb, (shoulder or leg)
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground mace
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 100 g dried apricots, chopped
- 50 g raisins
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- large handful fresh coriander, leaves picked and chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/gas 2.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy-based casserole over medium heat. Add the onion and gently fry for 5 minutes until soft.
3. Add the lamb, increase the heat to medium-high and stir until browned and sealed.
4. Stir in the garlic, ginger and spices, and cook for a further minute.
5. Pour in the wine and stock. Add the fruits and bring to the boil.
6. Place in the preheated oven and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes.
7. If the sauce is too runny at the end of cooking time, stir in the cornflour paste. Stir over medium-low heat until thickened.
8. Add the coriander just before serving.
9. Serve with plain couscous and a mixed salad.
Rate This Recipe