- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 square spring roll wrappers
- 180 g cooked sushi rice
- 6 tsp peanut butter
- 4 rashers bacon
- 1 bananas, quartered lengthwise and trimmed into 10cm strips
- 1.25 litres canola oil, or peanut oil
- 150 ml tempura batter
- 25 ml soy sauce
1. Angle a spring roll wrapper on a work surface with a corner tip pointing toward you.
2. Wet your hands and scoop out a couple of heaped tablespoons of rice and spread the rice in a horizontal rectangular shape in the middle of the wrapper.
3. Dab 1 teaspoon peanut butter in a horizontal line across the middle of the rice. Place a square of bacon on top of the peanut butter and one banana strip alongside the bacon. Keep the ends of the roll neat.
4. Fold up the bottom end point of the wrapper over the ingredients. Fold in the two side flaps and roll forward to close the roll. Repeat the process making 4 rolls in all.
5. Heat the canola oil in a large saucepan. Dip the roll in the tempura batter and then slide carefully into the oil. Fry the roll for about 1 minute until golden brown, turning once.
6. Remove the roll to a cutting board. Repeat the process until all the rolls have been fried. Without wetting your knife, cut the rolls into 4 or 6 even pieces. Serve straight away with soy sauce and mayonnaise for dipping.
Rate This Recipe