- Serves: Makes 2 x 150ml jars
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 2 weeks maturing
- Effort: easy
- 100 g whole yellow mustard seeds
- 15 g plain flour, sieved
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 175 ml English light ale
1. Grind the mustard seeds to a smooth powder using either an electric spice grinder or a coffee grinder.
2. Transfer the ground seeds to a bowl and add the flour and salt. Gradually whisk in the ale until it takes on a smooth, creamy consistency.
3. Spoon the mustard into sterilised jam jars and secure with well-fitting lids. Leave to mature for at least 2 weeks in a cool place before tasting.
Rate This Recipe