- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 2 hrs chilling
- Effort: medium
For the base
- 125 g butter, melted
- 200 g shortbread, crushed
For the topping
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 200 g cream cheese
- 100 ml natural yogurt
- 200 g caster sugar
- 2 egg whites
For the sauce
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 ml water
- 1 vanilla pod, split along its length
- Selection chopped exotic fruits, such as kiwi, blueberries, pineapple, and passion fruit pulp
1. For the sauce; tip the sugar into a saucepan and add the vanilla. Pour over the water and place the pan over a moderate heat. When the sugar has dissolved, bring the syrup to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the fruit. Leave on one side until cool.
2. For the cheesecake base; combine the melted butter with the biscuit crumbs. Divide this mixture over the base of 4 x 7.5cm metal rings set on a baking tray. Leave to set in the fridge while you make the topping.
3. For the topping; combine the cheese, yogurt, cream and half of the caster sugar. Stir in about one-third of the prepared fruit (drained of its syrup).
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fluffy, and gradually whisk in the remaining caster sugar. Fold the meringue into the cheesecake mixture.
5. Spoon the mixture over the biscuit bases and leave to chill for 2 hours before removing the rings.
6. Serve accompanied with the fruit steeped in syrup.
Rate This Recipe