- Serves: 4
- Effort: medium
For the faggots
- 450 g pork sausages
- 115 g pig's liver, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp French mustard
- 1 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 handfuls breadcrumbs
For the rumbledethumps
- 400 g desiree potatoes
- 400 g Savoy cabbage
- 1 large onion
- 125 g mature farmhouse cheddar cheese
- 50 g butter
- salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Squeeze the sausage meat out of the sausage skins and put into a bowl.
2. Add the liver, shallot, garlic, parsley, mustard, sauce and breadcrumbs, and mix everything together.
3. Mould the meat mixture into four even-sized faggots and cook in a frying pan for a few minutes on each side, until nicely browned. Transfer to a baking tray and continue cooking in the oven for about 20 minutes, until cooked through.
4. For the 'rumbledethumps'; bring the potatoes to the boil and cook until tender. Drain and roughly mash with the butter.
5. Place another large pan of salted water on the stove and bring to the boil. Cook the cabbage and onions in the water until tender before draining in a colander.
6. Preheat the grill. Combine the potatoes, onion and cabbage while all the ingredients are still hot, and season well. Transfer everything into a roasting tin and level out to a depth of about 2cm. Scatter over the cheese and grill until the cheese melts and colours.
7. Serve straight away with the hot faggots.
Rate This Recipe