- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus overnight soaking
- Effort: easy
- 450 g dried broad beans, soaked overnight in plenty of cold water
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp very finely chopped fresh coriander
- oil, for frying
- lemon wedges, to garnish
1. Drain the beans and remove the skins. Place in a food processor and process until ground.
2. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the oil and blend to a smooth paste. Leave to stand uncovered for 15 minutes, then chill in the fridge. The paste will dry out in the fridge and the falafel will be easier to handle
3. With moistened hands, take a small lump; flatten lightly to form a rissole shape and place on a tray. Prepare the remaining bean mixture in the same way.
4. Heat 1cm oil in a deep frying pan and fry the rissoles, turning frequently until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper
5. Serve garnished with the lemon wedges and a red pepper dip such as muhammara.
Rate This Recipe