- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus 30 mins soaking
- Effort: easy
- 4 subja seeds, available from specialist Indian shops
- 900 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 6 tbsp rice noodles, broken into short lengths
- sugar, to taste
- 4 tsp rose cordial, available in specialist Indian stores
- 4 small scoops vanilla ice cream
1. Soak the subja seeds in 150ml of the milk for about 30 minutes.
2. Boil the noodles in water until soft - this should take about 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Mix the remaining milk and sugar together and pour into 4 tall glasses.
4. Divide the subja seeds, soaking milk and cooked noodles between the glasses.
5. Pour a teaspoon of rose syrup into each glass, which will settle to the bottom of each glass.
6. Transfer to the fridge and chill. When ready to serve, float a scoop of ice cream in each glass.
Rate This Recipe