- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 kg Maris Piper potatoes, peeled, halved if large
- 2 sprigs rosemary, needles only, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
Tips and Suggestions
Cutting the roast potatoes into large chunks ensures they will absorb less fat. For more information on healthier eating see eatwell.gov.uk.
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7.
2. Boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted water for 5 minutes then drain and set aside for 5 minutes to allow any excess moisture to evaporate.
3. Pour the olive oil into a large roasting tin and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
4. Carefully tip the potatoes into the hot oil and scatter over the rosemary and the garlic. Turn the potatoes to make sure theyre covered with the oil then season with the sea salt and black pepper.
5. Roast in the oven for about 1 - 1 ¼ hours, turning regularly, until golden and crisp.
Rate This Recipe