- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g plain flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tsp bread soda or bicarbonate of soda
- 180 ml water or milk
- 125 ml natural yogurt
1. Mix together the flour and bread soda (or bicarbonate of soda) in a mixing bowl. Pour in the water (or milk) and the yogurt, mixing with a palette knife until you have a soft, dry dough.
2. You can shape the farls as you please but the traditional way is to form the dough into a ball and then roll it out into a circle just under 1cm thick then cut into quarters.
3. Put a heavy-bottomed frying pan over a medium heat and sprinkle lightly with flour. When it starts to brown, put the farl in the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes per side until lightly browned.
4. Keep in a warm place until you're ready to eat them.
Rate This Recipe