- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 rabbit legs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 50 g shelled peas
- 5 asparagus
- 50 g morel mushrooms, washed and sliced into rings
- 50 g mangetout, sliced in half
- 50 g shelled broad beans
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50 ml Sauternes wine, (French dessert wine)
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 lemon, juice only (to taste)
- 3 king prawns, peeled and sliced in half
- 1/4 bunches chives, chopped
- 1 handfuls tarragon leaves, chopped, reserve 2 sprigs for garnish
1. Remove the thigh bone from the rabbit legs and chop the meat into small bite-sized pieces.
2. Drizzle the olive oil into a large saucepan, season the rabbit pieces with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Fry the meat for about a minute, or until golden-brown all over.
3. Add the butter and cook for a further minute, before tipping in the peas, asparagus, morel mushrooms, mangetout, broad beans and garlic. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and cook for another minute.
4. Pour the Sauternes wine into the pan, turn up the heat and boil until reduced by half.
5. Add the chicken stock, bring the ingredients back to the boil and cook until reduced by about a third - this should take 2 minutes or so.
6. When you are just about to serve, spoon in the crème fraîche, squeeze over lemon juice to taste, and stir in the king prawns.
7. Scatter over the chopped chives and tarragon leaves.
8. Serve the casserole hot in bowls, garnished with the reserved tarragon sprigs.
Rate This Recipe