- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g king prawns and tiger prawns, rinsed
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 300 ml chicken or fish stock
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 25 g butter
- 3 tbsp double cream
1. Fry half the onion in a little vegetable oil over a low heat for 2-3 minutes until transparent.
2. Stir in the curry powder and fry gently for 1 minute.
3. Blend in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
4. Gradually add the stock and stir until the sauce thickens and comes to the boil (3-5 minutes).
5. Add the tomato purée, chutney and lemon juice. Simmer for 5 minutes, then strain the sauce through a sieve.
6. Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the remaining onion until soft, then add the prawns.
7. Blend in the curry sauce and bring to the boil.
8. Stir in the cream and remove from the heat.
9. Arrange the prawns in the sauce within a ring of plain boiled rice and poppadums.
Rate This Recipe