- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g pork loin
- 1 large onion, diced
- 100 dried tinned butter beans, soaked and cooked
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 large Goan spicy sausages, or 2 hot Spanish chorizo sausages
For the marinade
- 150 ml cider vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, ground into a paste
- 13 cm piece of ginger, ground into a paste
1. In a large bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade.
2. Marinate the pork loin in the marinade for two to three hours if possible.
3. Pre-heat oven to 140 -150C/gas 1-2.
4. Cover the pork loosely with foil and roast in a medium oven for approx 40-45 minutes, then cool and dice. Retain the fat in the pan.
5. Take the fat from the roasting tray used to cook the pork and fry the onions until golden brown.
6. Add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes go soft and pulpy.
7. Remove the skin from the sausage and fry the meat together with onion and tomato for a while until the fat is released.
8. Then add the diced pork, the beans a cup of water, cover and simmer for a few minutes until all the meat is cooked.
9. Add more salt if necessary. Allow to cook on a low heat for a few minutes till the sauce is quite thick.
10. Serve with crusty bread rolls.
Rate This Recipe