- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 bulb fennel, tough outer layers removed
- 2 whole pieces buffalo mozzarella, drained and thinly sliced
- heart celery, pale centre stalks only, thinly sliced diagonally
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil, preferably estate-bottled
- juice of 1 lemons
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- warm baguette or ciabatta bread, to serve
1. Halve the trimmed fennel bulbs and remove the tough triangular cores. Slice the flesh wafer-thin, using a mandolin or by hand.
2. Arrange the mozzarella slices in a single layer on a large dark plate.
3. Strew the fennel and celery over the mozzarella.
4. Season generously, lash on the olive oil and lemon juice,
5. Serve with a warm baguette or ciabatta bread.
Rate This Recipe