- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 900 g parsnips, peeled sliced and quartered
- 500 g fennel, chopped
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- Greek yogurt, or crème fraîche, to garnish
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a. Add in the onion and garlic and fry gently, stirring often, without browning, for 5 minutes.
2. Mix in the cumin, then add in the parsnip and fennel, stirring well.
3. Add in the stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the parsnips and fennel are tender. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Cool slightly, then blend until smooth using a hand or jug blender.
5. Reheat gently over a low heat.
6. Ladle into 6 serving bowls and garnish each portion with a swirl of Greek yoghurt or crème fraîche.
Rate This Recipe