- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the sausages
- 450 g free range minced pork, from neck or shoulder
- 50 g feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 6 semi sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 egg, beaten
- olive oil, for frying
For the potato cakes
- 800 g mashed potato, made with butter and milk
- small handful coriander, chopped
- knob butter, melted
- large handful rocket
- balsamic vinegar
- parmesan, shaved
1. For the sausages: mix together the pork, feta, sundried tomatoes, oregano and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 10 pieces and shape each one into a sausage. If you have time, chill in the fridge for a while to help them hold their shape.
2. Heat a frying pan and add in a slug of olive oil - one by one add the sausages and gently fry for about 10 minutes, turning every couple of minutes to make sure they are evenly cooked.
3. For the potato cakes: preheat oven to 220C/gas 7.
4. Mix the mashed potato with the coriander and season. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe into swirls on a lined baking tray. Brush with melted butter and bake for 15 minutes to lightly brown.
5. To serve: serve the sausages with the potato cakes and a rocket salad, dressed with balsamic and parmesan cheese.
Rate This Recipe