- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 sprigs thyme
- 1 packets puff pastry, about 500g
- 1 egg yolk
- 200 g feta cheese
- handfuls pitted black Kalamata olives, in olive oil
- handfuls sun-blushed tomatoes
- small basil
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and cook the onion, garlic, and thyme over a gentle heat until softened and caramelised. Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool.
2. Roll the puff pastry out to make a 20 x 30cm rectangle, put on a baking tray and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
4. Brush the edge of puff pastry with egg yolk. Spread the onion mixture over the top leaving the glazed border free. Crumble over the feta and scatter over the black olives and sun blushed tomatoes.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the pastry in golden. Scatter with basil and serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe