- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus resting time
- Effort: easy
- 250 g feta cheese, broken into chunks
- 1 medium sized red chilli, deseeded and cut into fine slivers
- 1/2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- pinch sugar
- 1 small watermelon, deseeded and cut into chunks
- small bunch mint, leaves picked and torn
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
1. Mix the feta with the chilli, fennel seeds, garlic and enough of the oil to moisten the mixture. Season and add a pinch of sugar. Cover and set in a cool place for the flavours to meld.
2. Put the watermelon in a large shallow bowl and add the marinated feta and juices.
3. Scatter over the mint leaves, remaining olive oil, lemon juice and zest. Serve.
Rate This Recipe