- Serves: 2-3 as a snack
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 20 mins standing
- Effort: easy
- 5 chinese dried mushrooms
- 200 g dried rice noodles
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cm piece ginger, grated
- 3 red chillies, seeds removed and chopped
- 200 g cooked peeled tiger prawns
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 50 g bean sprouts
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin, (Japanese rice vinegar)
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 1 dashes of sesame oil
1. Soak the mushrooms and rice noodles in warm water, in separate bowls. Leave on one side for 20 minutes before draining. Roughly chop the mushrooms.
2. Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat, and stir fry the garlic, ginger and red chillies for around a minute, until the garlic is just beginning to colour.
3. Add the mushrooms and prawns and continue cooking for another minute.
4. Add the noodles and turmeric powder and heat through - tossing everything together so everything gets combined.
5. Then add the beansprouts and spring onions, and season with soy sauce, oyster sauce, and rice vinegar.
6. Pour the beaten egg over the noodles, turn down the heat, and stir gently until softly set.
7. Just before serving, sprinkle with chilli flakes, ground pepper and add a dash of sesame oil.
Rate This Recipe