- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus chilling time
- Effort: easy
- 350 g plain flour, plus extra for dredging
- 2 eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1/2 vanilla pod, seeds only
- 300 g fig jam
- 5 figs, washed and quartered
For the mascarpone cream
- 250 g mascarpone
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 100 ml amaretto (almond liqueur), eg. Amaretto
1. For the tart: thoroughly mix the flour, eggs, sugar, butter, orange zest, baking powder and vanilla seeds, to form a firm dough. This can be done in a food processor, or by hand if you prefer - simply squeeze the ingredients through the fingers until well blended. Wrap the pastry in cling film and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Grease a 25cm (5cm deep) tart tin. Flour the work surface and roll out the pastry. Lay it into the tart tin, pressing gently around the sides and trim.
3. Spread jam inside the pastry case to a depth of at least 2cm. Lay the figs in circles on top of the jam.
4. Bake the tart for 20 - 25 minutes or until the pastry is light golden in colour.
5. For the mascarpone cream: mix the mascarpone, sugar and almond liqueur together.
6. Serve the tart at room temperature with a dollop of the mascarpone cream.
Rate This Recipe