- Serves: 2 X 400g jars
- Cook Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg figs, cut into wedges
- 750 g preserving sugar
- 1 lemons, juice
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 litres water
1. Place the figs in a large saucepan. Add the sugar, lemon juice, salt and water.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
3. Skim off any scum from the surface. Increase the heat to a rapid boil, and cook for a further hour.
4. Skim once more, then test to see if the jam is ready. To test the jam, spoon a little onto a plate and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
5. Draw a finger through the jam. If you can draw a line through the centre, without the jam returning, then the jam is ready.
6. Allow the jam to cool, then por into warm, sterilised jars.
Rate This Recipe