- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 1 x 4 kg barramundi fillets
- 250 ml fish stock
- 2 ml shallots, finely diced
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 250 ml double cream
- 12-14 seedless white grapes, peeled
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
1. Score the skin of the fish with a sharp knife.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan and gently fry the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the fillet. Set aside to keep warm.
3. Put the fish stock, shallots and wine in a heavy-based pan and bring to the boil. Cook until reduced by half.
4. Add the cream and continue cooking until the mixture has reduced again and is a nice creamy consistency.
5. Pour into a clean pan, add the grapes and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the fillets with the sauce, Jersey Royal potatoes and asparagus.
Rate This Recipe