- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 fillet steaks, each about 140g
- black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large flat mushrooms, stalks removed
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp pesto
- roasted Mediterranean vegetables
- rosemary, to garnish
1. Heat the grill and the grill pan with its rack.
2. Season the steaks with salt and pepper and turn them in the oil to coat.
3. Arrange the steaks on the hot grill rack and cook according to taste, turning them over once.
4. Meanwhile remove the stalks from the mushrooms. When the steaks have been turned over, season the mushrooms, turn them in oil and arrange them, curved side up, on the rack with the steaks. Grill until lightly browned.
5. Turn the mushrooms, curved side down and spread pesto sauce on the mushrooms. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and return to the grill, close to the heat, for 10 seconds, just to brown the tops lightly.
6. Divide the vegetable ragout in the centre of 4 warmed plates.
7. Place the steaks in the centre of the plate and add a scattering of freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with rosemary and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe