- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g beef fillet
- extra virgin olive oil
- 40 g pecorino cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 sliced aubergines
- 6 slices courgettes
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- rosemary, finely chopped, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Preheat a ridged stovetop grill pan until hot.
2. Season the beef with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil Place on a preheated ridged stovetop grill pan and grill for 2 minutes, turning once.
3. Transfer to a board and slice the fillet horizontally almost all the way through the middle, stopping short at one side, to make a butterfly cut. Stuff with the two slices of aubergine and the Pecorino. Place on a small roasting tray and roast in the oven for 4 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, brush the courgette slices with oil and place on the grill for a few minutes, turning once, until golden.
5. Arrange the courgette slices on a warm serving plate with the beef on top. Drizzle with a few drops of beef jus from the roasting pan, and sprinkle with fresh rosemary.
Rate This Recipe