- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the butter
- 6 tinned tinned anchovies, in oil drained and chopped
- 75 g butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
For the beef and vegetables
- 100 g small chestnut mushrooms
- 100 g smallvine tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2x175 g beef fillet
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
1. Whiz the anchovies, butter and garlic together in a blender until smooth; season to taste.
2. Place the butter on a piece of kitchen foil and roll up to make a sausage shape. Refrigerate until firm.
3. Preheat a grill to medium. Coat the mushrooms and tomatoes with olive oil, place on a baking tray and season well. Grill for 7-10 minutes, until sizzling and beginning to brown at the edges. Remove from the grill and toss in the basil leaves.
4. Meanwhile, season the steaks and fry over a high heat for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or longer (or shorter) if preferred.
5. Slice the butter into discs.
6. Serve the steaks with the vegetables arranged around and top each steak with 2 discs of anchovy butter. This dish goes well with garlicky mashed potatoes.
Rate This Recipe