- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 slices of beef fillet, each 160g
- 10 large black olives, stoned and cut into quarters
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- zest and juice of 1 oranges
- small handful of basil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small bunch of spring onions, cut in half and blanched
- 16 sun-blushed tomatoes
- 250 g broad beans, blanched and peeled
- 100 g wild rocket, to serve
1. Make about ten little incisions in each piece of beef fillet. Push the olive quarters into the incisions and season the beef well with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the beef over a high heat for 2 minutes each side. While the beef is cooking, chop the orange zest and basil finely and mix the two together.
3. Once the beef is cooked, roll it in the orange zest and basil mixture and set aside.
4. Deglaze the pan with the orange juice and the balsamic vinegar. Scrape off all of the caramelised goodies on the bottom of the pan and boil for a minute.
5. Add the olive oil, the spring onions, the sunblush tomatoes and the broad beans to the pan. Toss for about 30 seconds, season well and turn off the heat.
6. To serve, spread the rocket over a large platter, slice each fillet of beef into four and put it onto the rocket. Spoon over the vegetables with all of the juices and serve.
Rate This Recipe