- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 extra large baking potatoes, peeled
- olive oil, for frying
- a knob of unsalted butter
- 2 sprigs of thyme, chopped
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, chopped
- 6 tiger prawns, shelled
- 2 beef fillet
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
For the garlic butter:
- 60 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
Tips and Suggestions
You will not need to use all the garlic butter you make in this recipe. Store the remainder well wrapped in the fridge for use with baked potatoes or garlic bread. Or freeze in cubes for later use.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Cut the potatoes into 2cm square rectangular chips. Place a frying pan over medium-high heat and pour in a drizzle of olive oil. Gently fry the potatoes with the thyme, rosemary and knob of butter for 3-4 minutes, stirring to ensure the potatoes are coated all over with the mixture. Transfer the potatoes to an ovenproof dish and roast in the oven for 12 minutes.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter, garlic and parsley. Use half this mixture to gently fry the prawns over medium heat until pink and opaque - about 3 minutes each side. Season and set aside.
4. Place a griddle or heavy based frying pan over high heat. Coat the steaks with olive oil, season and sear in the hot pan - about 4 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Turn them as they cook so they are brown all over. Remove from the heat and rest the steaks on a wire rack for a further 4 minutes before serving.
5. Place one fillet, three prawns, and half the chips on each of two serving plates and serve hot.
Rate This Recipe