- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 5 small waxy potatoes
- 120 g curly kale, shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, sliced
- 150 g brill fillet
- 250 g chicken stock
- 5 sprigs tarragon, leaves only
- 3 sprigs parsley, leaves only
1. Boil the potatoes in a pan of salted water for 10-15 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the kale and boil for 2 minutes then drain. Set aside.
2. Heat half of the olive oil in a medium saucepan and gently fry the onion and garlic over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until softened and translucent and a light golden-brown colour.
3. Cut the potatoes into 1cm-thick slices and stir into the pan with the onions, then pour in the chicken stock. Season with salt and black pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. When hot, season the brill with salt and black pepper and place skin side down in the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes until the skin is crisp, then turn the fish and cook for a further minute, or until the flesh is opaque.
5. Stir the kale and most of the herbs, reserving a few for garnish, into the potatoes and simmer for 1 minute to heat through.
6. To serve, spoon into a serving bowl, top with the brill, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with the herbs.
Rate This Recipe