- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the fish:
- oil, for deep fat frying
- 4 x 140g fillets halibut, skinned and pin-boned
- 500 ml milk, or soaking
- plain flour, for coating
For the broth:
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 500 ml chicken or fish stock
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 8 oysters, alved
- 100 g smoked salmon, diced
1. Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer or wok to 170°C. Place the fish in a bowl of milk for 10 seconds, toss the fillets in flour and fry until cooked.
2. Place the potatoes into a large saucepan and cover with the chicken stock. Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until cooked through. Remove the potatoes and leave them to cool.
3. Continue simmering the stock until reduced by half. Add the cream and reduce again by half.
4. Return the potatoes to the broth and heat through.
5. Stir in the parsley, oysters and diced smoked salmon.
6. Divide the broth equally between four warmed serving dishes. Top with the fried halibut and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe