- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1x450 g pork fillet
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 8-10 slices pancetta
- 150 g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200 g cooked vacuum-packed chestnuts
- spalsh white wine
- 1/2 Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 bunches thyme
- 200 g gruyère cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Cut the fillet in half and trim any excess sinew.
3. Mix the thyme and parsley with a seasoning of salt and pepper. Roll the fillets in the mixture. Carefully wrap the fillets in the pancetta, until covered.
4. Heat a frying pan and fry the pork on all sides, until golden, then place in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest.
5. Preheat the grill.
6. Meanwhile heat a pan, add the butter and gently fry the onion and garlic. Add the chestnuts, white wine and cabbage. Cook for 2 minutes, and then add the cream. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables have softened. Add the thyme. Remove the vegetables using a slotted spoon (leaving the sauce in the pan) and place in an ovenproof dish.
7. Cook the cream sauce steadily until reduced by half or until a thicker consistency. Pour into the dish over the cabbage.
8. Sprinkle the cheese on top and grill until bubbling and golden.
9. To serve: slice the pork and serve with a large scoop of vegetables.
Rate This Recipe