- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 turbot fillets, each 200g
- few sprigs of marjoram
For the hollandaise sauce:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 115 g butter
- 2½cm knob fresh ginger
- few sprigs of lovage, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into fine strips
- small jar of pickled beetroot, cut into hearts
1. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat and cook the turbot for a minute or so on each side to seal.
2. Transfer the fish to an ovenproof dish, add the marjoram then place in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, put the egg yolks, lemon juice and vinegar into food processor, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set the machine in motion.
4. Heat the butter in a small saucepan until bubbling, add the ginger and pour gradually into the machine bowl. Run for 30 seconds until thickened; add the lovage and season to taste.
5. Arrange the cucumber, beetroot and turbot on each of 2 warmed dinner plates, spoon over the hollandaise and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe