- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g Desirée potatoes, cut into chips
- 4 x 225g fillet steaks
- black pepper
- 1 bottles vegetable oil
- peppery salad leaves, to serve
1. Wash the chips thoroughly to remove any starch and dry them well with kitchen paper.
2. Heat some oil in a deep fat fryer or heavy based saucepan, to a temperature of 120°C. Cook the potatoes for four minutes, until soft but not coloured. Drain the chips and lay them on greaseproof paper.
3. Season the fillet steaks. Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a fairly high heat and fry the steaks for two minutes on each side.
4. Heat the oil the deep fat fryer to 190°C and refry the chips until golden and crisp.
5. Serve the hot steak and chips immediately with a mixed salad of peppery leaves.
Rate This Recipe