- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 50 g piece ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms
- 75 ml soy sauce
- 75 ml red wine
- 75 ml sherry
- 75 ml beef stock
- 1 x 3 cm cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 100 g chopped pineapples
- 225 g fillet steak, thinly sliced
- 8 king prawns, cooked
- 1 tbsp coriander
- sesame seeds, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a wok, until smoking, then add the spring onions and stir fry until browned.
2. Add the ginger, chilli and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the soy sauce, red wine, sherry, beef stock, cinnamon and star anise.
4. Bring to the boil and add the pineapple.
5. Bubble until reduced by one quarter. Add the fillet steak and the prawns and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the coriander.
6. Spoon into bowls and garnish with sesame seeds.
Rate This Recipe