- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soya butter
- 2x175 g fillet steaks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 60 ml full-bodied red wine, e.g. Shiraz
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 50 ml Scotch whisky
- 100 ml soya cream, or single cream
- handfuls freshly chopped parsley
- steamed carrots, batons
- minibaked potatoes
1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan over a high heat. Add the steaks and cook until done to your liking - medium will take about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and allow to rest while you make the sauce.
2. Add the onion to the pan and cook until soft. Pour in the red wine and cook steadily until reduced by half. Stir in the mustard and season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour in the stock, followed by the whisky and bring the sauce up to a simmer. Stir in the soya cream and parsley.
4. Serve the steaks smothered in sauce with the carrots and potatoes.
Rate This Recipe