- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 8 tinned anchovy fillets
- 800 g tinned cherries, in syrup
- 2 handfuls of flat leaf parsley, leaves picked, finely chopped
- black pepper
- 150 g dried breadcrumbs
- 50 g '00' flour
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 8 plaice fillets
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the onion and fry gently until softened. Add the anchovy fillet, cherry tomatoes and one handful of parsley. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Bring the tomato sauce to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix the breadcrumbs and flour together on a large plate.
4. Lightly beat the eggs with the remaining parsley in a bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Heat the vegetable oil for shallow-frying in a large frying pan.
6. Meanwhile, dip the plaice fillets in the beaten egg mixture, then coat with breadcrumbs.
7. Gently fry the plaice fillets for 4 minutes on each side, until golden and crispy. Drain the plaice fillets on kitchen paper.
8. Place 2 plaice fillets each on 4 warm serving plates. Spread with the tomato sauce and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe