- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 150 g filo pastry
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp caster sugar, plus extra
- 600 g raspberries, blueberries and strawberries
- 225 g mascarpone, sour cream, or crème fraîche
- 225 ml double cream
- icing sugar
- small mint leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Slice the filo pastry sheets into 5mm thick strips. Run your fingers through the strips, separating and fluffing up the strips as you go. Divide the strips into eight equal piles.
3. On a greased baking sheet, shape each pile into a nest about 10cm in diameter, then drizzle each nest with the melted butter and sprinkle with the caster sugar.
4. Bake for 12-16 minutes until golden and crisp and allow to cool.
5. Mash a handful of the raspberries, blueberries and strawberries with a little sugar in a bowl to make a berry mash.
6. To serve, spread a spoonful of the mascarpone in the centre of 8 serving plates.
7. Place a nest on top of each plate. Fill each nest with mascarpone and the berry mixture. Sprinkle with icing sugar and top with mint. Finish with a swirl of double cream and a drizzle of berry mash.
Rate This Recipe