- Serves: 16
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 large sheets filo pastry
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 200 g smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 300 g crab meat
- small handful of dill, finely chopped
- 200 g macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 150 ml thick mayonnaise
- zest and juice of 1 lemons
- small handful of parsley, finely chopped
- black pepper
- sesame oil, to taste (optional)
For the garnish:
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Cut each sheet of filo pastry into 4, to make 16 squares in total. Brush the ramekin mould with melted butter and gently place the pastry in the moulds, allowing the edges to overhang. Bake for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown, taking care that the edges don't burn. Turn out carefully and cool.
2. In a large bowl, mix the chopped smoked salmon, crabmeat, chopped dill, and macadamia nuts. Mix the lemon juice and zest with the mayonnaise and parsley and stir 4 tablespoons of this mixture into the crab.
3. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and a little sesame oil, if using.
4. For cucumber garnish, simply mix the chopped cucumber with the vinegar and a little salt.
5. Arrange a filo basket on each serving plate and fill with some of the crab mix.
6. Place a little of the cucumber relish on the plate, together with a little of the remaining lemon mayonnaise. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe