- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 slices thick white bread
For the fish fingers
- 2 fresh, thick pollock fillet, or haddock fillets
- 1 egg
- 100 ml milk
- 3 tbsp flour
- 150 g Japanese panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
For the tartar sauce
- 1 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 tbsp large, sweet gherkins, chopped
- 4 tbsp good quality shop-bought mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Cut the pollock into fingers.
2. Take three shallow bowls. In the first place the flour, in the second whisk the egg and milk and in the third place the breadcrumbs.
3. Dip each finger in the flour, the egg mix and then the breadcrumbs.
4. Pan fry for 4-5 minutes or until crisp and golden.
5. Mix the tartar sauce ingredients together.
6. Assemble the sandwich on slice of the white bloomer with plenty of tartar sauce.
Rate This Recipe