- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus resting
- Effort: medium
- 75 g plain flour
- 15 g cornflour
- pinch of baking powder
- cayenne pepper
- pinch of paprika
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- handful of coriander, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 200 g flaked white fish, such as cod, cooked
- 150 ml water
- vegetable oil, for cooking
For the dipping sauce:
- 75 g Dijon mustard
- juice of 1 limes
- 50 ml clear chicken stock
1. Sift the flours, baking powder, cayenne and paprika into a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Add everything else to the bowl, except the water and mix well.
3. Fold in the water, and then leave the batter to rest for 30 minutes.
4. For the dipping sauce, mix the Dijon mustard, lime juice and clear chicken stock together.
5. Heat the oil in a wok or deep fat fryer and fry tablespoons of the fish mixture until golden.
6. Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately with the dipping sauce.
Rate This Recipe