- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g cod fillets, skinned and diced
- 300 g salmon, skinned and finely chopped
- grated zest and juice of 1 limes
- 1 small bulb fennel, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 4-8 green chillies, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds, finely ground
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds, finely ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tsp crushed black pepper
For the Cucumber raita:
- 1 cucumber
- 450 ml yogurt
- 4 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- pinch of asafoetida
- 4-5 curry leaves
1. In a food processor blend the cod until finely minced. In a large mixing bowl mix together the minced cod, chopped salmon and lime zest.
2. Add the chopped fennel, chopped coriander, green chillies, spring onions, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, salt, 2 tablespoons of oil, garlic paste, ginger paste, 2 teaspoons of crushed black pepper and lime juice and mix well.
3. Mould the fish mixture onto 12 skewers, forming 12 fish kebabs.
4. To make the cucumber raita, squeeze out any excess water from the grated cucumber.
5. Mix together the cucumber and yogurt and stir in the dill, remaining black pepper and the garlic.
6. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a small frying pan and fry the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves for 2-3 minutes, stirring, until fragrant.
7. Mix the fried mustard seed mixture into the raita.
8. Either grill the kebabs on a barbecue until golden-brown on both sides or heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan and fry the kebabs until golden-brown on both sides.
9. Serve the freshly-cooked kebabs with the cucumber raita.
Rate This Recipe