- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 100 g clams
- 125 ml olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely choped
- 1 sprig thyme
- 3 roasted long red peppers, sliced
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnishing
- 250 ml white wine
- 500 ml fish stock
- ½ tsp paprika, or espelette pepper powder
- 1.2 kg hake fillets, chopped into large chunks
- 100 g peas
- 12 white asparagus
- 5 hard boiled eggs, quartered
Tips and Suggestions
Swap the hake for a different white fish next time
1. In a hot saucepan, add the clams and cook in their own juices for 2 minutes or until opened. Set aside.
2. In a large pot, add the olive oil, onions, garlic and thyme and sweat for a few minutes. Add the roasted peppers, parsley and wine. Simmer and reduce the wine by half then add fish stock, a pinch of salt and espelette pepper powder.
3. Add the hake and simmer lightly with a lid on for 8 minutes. Add the green peas, place the asparagus on top of the fish and spread the clams into the pot, followed by the eggs.
4. Garnish with chopped parsley to serve.
Find more ways with fish in our complete fish recipe collection
Rate This Recipe