- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 7 sheets leaf gelatine
- 750 ml bottle sparkling wine
- 200 g caster sugar
- 100 ml peach liqueur
1. Put 6-8 champagne flutes in the freezer to chill for at least 2 hours.
2. Soften the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for a couple of minutes, then drain.
3. Open the champagne and pour 75ml of the champagne or sparkling wine into a small saucepan. Immediately reseal the bottle.
4. Gently heat the champagne in the pan with the sugar and peach liqueur.
5. Add the softened gelatine leaves. Do not let the liquid boil.
6. Stir until the sugar and gelatine have dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and skim off any scum that has risen to the surface.
7. Remove the glasses from the freezer and divide the gelatine mix between them.
8. Tilt each glass and pour the remaining champagne in a dribble down the inside of the glasses, so that you minimise the froth and maximise the bubbles.
9. Return the glasses to the freezer for an hour to set, then store in a fridge until ready to serve.
Rate This Recipe