- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 280 ml rum
- 900 g sweet cherries, pitted
- 180 g blackcurrant jam
- grated zest of 1 unwaxed oranges
- 140 ml brandy
1. Put the cherries into a large non-reactive bowl and pour over half of the rum. Leave in the fridge to marinate for about 4 hours.
2. Place the blackcurrant conserve in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until melted. Take the rum soaked cherries out of the fridge and pour the mixture into the pan with the conserve. Add the grated orange zest to and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from the heat and transfer to a pretty serving bowl.
4. Pour the brandy into a ladle and warm it up over the hob. Set the brandy alight and pour it over the cherries. Serve immediately whilst still flaming.
Rate This Recipe