- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 tbsp mincemeat
- knob of butter
- oil, for frying
- brandy or apple brandy, for flaming
- icing sugar, for dusting
- clotted cream or mascarpone, to serve
1. Make a sandwich with the bread and mincemeat, then cut off the crusts and cut into triangles.
2. Melt a good knob of butter in a frying pan, together with a dash of oil. When foaming, lay the sandwiches in the pan and fry until golden on each side.
3. Pour in a slug of brandy, warm briefly then tilt towards the flame to ignite (or set light with a match if cooking on an electric stove).
4. Serve as soon as the flames have died down, with a dusting of icing sugar and a large melting spoonful of clotted cream or mascarpone.
Rate This Recipe