- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus rising time
- Effort: easy
- 3 x 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 250 g '00' flour
- 7 g packet yeast
- 50 ml olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 large ball mozzarella
- 8 slices parma ham
- 1 small handful rocket
- 1 small handful basil leaves
1. Put the tomatoes, garlic, sugar and anchovies in a pan and simmer for 30 mins, without a lid, until thickened
2. Make the pizza dough. Sieve the flour and a teaspoon of salt into a big mixing bowl; add the yeast and olive oil with enough warm water to bring everything together into a soft dough. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead well for about 5 mins.
3. Return the dough to a bowl, cover with a tea towel, and leave to rise in a warm place until roughly double in size about 45 mins. If the kitchen is warm you can also leave it on the counter.
4. Once the dough has risen, knock it back with your hands, and then roll out on a floured counter to a circle - the diameter of the frying pan you are cooking it in. Aim to roll it out as thin as you can get it.
5. Heat a large frying pan over a moderate heat and then generously drizzle with olive oil. Lay the dough over the pans base and fry gently for 3 minutes on each side.
4. Spread the cooked flatbread with a generous layer of tomato sauce and top with the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with extra olive oil and serve.
Rate This Recipe