- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 15 minutes resting
- Effort: easy
For the pizza base
- 175 g '00' flour
- 40 g semolina, plus extra for sprinkling
- pinches salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh yeast
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 175 ml warm water
For the smoked salmon topping
- 100 ml crème fraîche
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 X 80 g packet smoked salmon, trimmings
- small handful, tarragon, leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
1. Mix the flour with the semolina and salt and add the olive oil.
2. Combine the yeast, sugar and water and stir until the yeast has dissolved
3. Gradually add the liquid to the flour and mix until it comes together as a soft dough.
4. Turn the dough onto a work surface and knead until smooth. Return to the mixing bowl and cover with cling wrap.
5. Leave to rest in a warm place for 10-15mins until the dough will risen slightly.
6. Dust the work surface with flour and roll the pizza base out to a rough circle, about 0.5cm thickness. Sprinkle with semolina on both sides and transfer the dough to a heated frying pan.
7. Cook, on a moderate heat for about 5-7 minutes on each side until lightly coloured. Turn out onto a board for serving.
8. Spread the base with crème fraiche which has been sharpened with a squeeze of lemon.
9. Top with salmon slices and sprinkle with tarragon and capers.
Rate This Recipe