- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 medium flounder, or lemon sole, head removed, gutted
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- olive oil, for frying
- 50 g butter
- 2 tsp baby capers
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls peeled brown shrimps
- 1 handful dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
1. Season flour with sea salt and use to coat the fish on both sides.
2. Heat the oil in a sturdy frying pan and fry the fish (thickest side facing downwards) on one side for about 4-5 minutes before turning over and adding the butter to the pan followed by the capers. Continue cooking for a further 4 minutes or so ' until just cooked.
3. Carefully remove the fish from the pan and transfer to a serving plate.
4. Add sliced garlic and shrimps to the buttery juices in the pan and cook for another minute or so, stirring.
5. Add dill and lemon juice and swirl everything around in the pan. Take the pan off the heat and pour everything over the fish and serve.
Rate This Recipe