- Serves: Makes 6-8 tortillas
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g plain flour
- 100 g fine cornmeal
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 ml warm water, plus more if needed
1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder. With your hands, gradually work in the olive oil until it is all incorporated. Add enough warm water to make a soft but not sticky dough.
2. Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead for 5 minutes. Divide the dough into equal portions and roll each ball into a flat round, as thinly as you can, about 12cm in diameter.
3. Heat a large non-stick sauté pan or frying pan over a medium heat. Put the tortillas one at a time into the dry hot pan. Cook until brown on one side, then turn and brown the other side.
4. Remove from the pan and keep warm in a damp tea towel and serve as a tortilla wrap or as a burrito.
Rate This Recipe