- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 free range eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 200 g butter
- 250 g dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven 180°C.
2. Separate eggs, add ½ the sugar to the yolks and beat well with a mixer.
3. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until fluffy then add remaining sugar, gradually beating until stiff peaks form.
4. Melt butter and chocolate over hot water stirring regularly.
5. Pour into egg yolk mixture and fold. Once combined fold in egg whites.
6. Line a cake tin with greaseproof paper and pour in mixture.
7. Bake for 40 minutes in the lower third of your oven.
Rate This Recipe