- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the omelette
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp chives, finely snipped
- 3 tbsp grated gruyère cheese, or Parmesan or Cheddar cheese, plus extra to finish
- 1 tsp butter
For the tomato and avocado relish
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp whole flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
1. Preheat the grill to medium.
2. To make the fluffy cheese omelette soufflé; whisk the egg yolks with the milk, half the chives and 2 tablespoons grated cheese. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
3. With an electric beater, whisk the egg whites until they resemble soft peaks.
4. Melt the butter in a medium non-stick frying pan, tipping the pan to coat the base and sides.
5. Quickly fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture and pour into the pan.
6. Cook for 1-2 minutes over a low heat, and then run a palette knife around the edges.
7. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon grated cheese on top and place the omelette under the grill for 2 minutes, until puffed, lightly browned (watch for burning) and just firm to the touch. You may need to cover the frying pan handle with foil before placing under the grill.
8. Slide the omelette onto a warm plate and cut in half. Sprinkle with a little extra grated cheese and the remaining chives.
9. To make the tomato and avocado relish; combine the avocado, cherry tomatoes, sliced onion and flat parsley leaves, and toss with the olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Serve the relish with the fluffy cheese omelette soufflé.
Rate This Recipe