- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus rising
- Effort: medium
- 1 sachet dried yeast, about 2 tsp
- 350 ml warm water
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 6-8 cloves garlic, ground to about 2 tbsp paste
- 2 tbsp leaves rosemary, lightly chopped
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
1. Mix the dried yeast with the warm water and stir until dissolved. Sieve the flour in a large bowl and add the water and yeast mixture, followed by the olive oil.
2. Continue to mix until you have a smooth dough. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead well until the dough becomes smooth and supple. Roll into a ball and place in a clean bowl covered with cling film and set aside to rise for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
3. When the dough has risen to about double in size, punch it back with your hands and roll into a rough circular shape. Place in a large round non-stick pizza tray and press out with your hands.
4. Scatter with the garlic, rosemary and sea salt. Drizzle over a good splash of olive oil and bake in the oven at 200C/gas 6 for 20-30 minutes. Serve on a large platter or wooden board for everyone to tear into.
Rate This Recipe